My Friend's Words

 

Photo credit: unsplash edited by Mettabel


Miss Monalisa is a well-known therapist in the town. After a stressful day at work, she decided take a drink before going back home. She got to a bar close to her office, walked up to the counter, ordered for a drink when she saw a man lamenting over his frustrated life. As a therapist she was interested in helping the man out of his trauma. She couldn’t talk to the man at the bar because it was useless talking to him then, she decided to wait, it was late, everyone had gone then, she and the drunk man were the only one left at the bar. She paid for the man bills and took him to her house. The man name was Mr. Collins. 

In the morning when Mr. Collins woke up, he was wondering how he got there.  Miss Monalisa was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. After setting the table for breakfast, she went to call her Mr. Collins to join her at the dinning. 

Who are you and how did I get here Mr. Collins asked Miss Monalisa? She greeted him and explained all that happened at the bar the previous day to him. Starring at her, he was surprise and demanded to leave that it was none of her business. Miss Monalisa holding his wrist preventing him from going, I brought you here because I want to, she said to him. He still insisted that he wanted to leave that no one can help him. As a therapist she spoke to him and introduced herself to him. He apologized for his manners. The both went to the dining table. Miss Monalisa served the breakfast. Mr. Collins enjoyed the meal and he also complemented the meal that it was delicious and tasty. What is your name Miss Monalisa asked him am Mr. Collins he said? Both talking and smiling. Mr. Collins told her what he was going through in life. I really wanted to end my life yesterday. I am facing a lot both at home and at work. I cannot take good care of myself talk of less my family and I am the first child, all my younger ones are doing well and also married but me. I haven’t achieved anything apart from my school certificate that is not helping me, am seen as a failure, no promotion for 7 years now. Have gone to churches for help but still (tears dropped from his eyes) …, Miss Monalisa interrupted Mr. Collins, so sorry but your life is more important than what you want. I also went through hell I almost killed myself because during my child hood life was smooth, my parent supporting me, helping me out, having friends around, playing and having fun. I was filled with happiness but I felt like going back to my childhood when I got into my senior class especially from ss2. I faced a lot of challenges both at home and school because I was dull in my academics. My parent was not happy with me at all. I tried my best to buckle up but I couldn’t. I was always alone but my best friend Angela always try to make me happy. I get my little happiness from her.

It got worse when I wrote my SSCE and I failed twice. My parent lost hope in me. I manage to pass the third time with no A’s. my parent saw me as a nobody, like i will never make it, so the focused more on my siblings. The emotional trauma was so much that I felt like killing myself because right inside of me I felt like I am nobody. In the midst of all this I fell in love with a guy named Godswill that was when I got into higher institution, I felt like I have found love and happiness, I felt like I needed nothing more because I had all the support I wanted. The thought of killing myself left me. The guy was tall, cute, intelligent and masculine. I never knew I was beautiful or pretty until when I dated Godswill.

Life was fun throughout my first year in school, I picked up in my academics, I made my papers, no carry overs. I was so proud of myself. During my second year I went back to square one when I broke up with Godswill and this was during my examination. I didn’t make some papers because I lost focus. My parent were angry with but I couldn’t tell them the course. The only thought I had was to kill myself and end it so I will have peace. I have to end it I always say to myself. The thought of suicide was very strong.

On this faithful day, no one was at home. It was the best time to kill myself. I wrote a suicidal letter which is here with me (she gave Mr. Collins the letter):

             Dear mom, dad, my lovely siblings, I know you want the best for me but am giving you the best. Am leaving you, the world because I don’t belong here, no love, and no support. Am facing a lot of trauma. I can’t control it anymore. I love you mum, dad, my lovely brother and sister. Am a failure. Am sorry

                                                          Bye.

After writing the letter, I was about to take the sniper I bought but filled with a lot of fear in my mind that was my last option. I opened the sniper, almost taking it when God changed my plan, my best friend walked in, she screamed, I could see the fear in her eyes. The sniper fell from my hand. She was so shocked. She asked for the reason behind my action, she saw the letter, read it. I explained everything to her with tears in my eyes. She advises me and also told me what she was facing. She was not happy at all. She cried but cheered up immediately. I felt bad knowing I took the wrong decision. She took me out. We bought different type of food. Got back home. She displayed all the meal including the sniper and ask me to choose. 

I was so happy. That was when I release how much I missed my friend. I picked up the sniper. Look at it, threw it away, I was like who sniper help, grab the snack, ate with joy. After eating we went out, partying.

In all my friend words, her advice, her smile, her concern and love gave me life. Look at me today happy and willing to safe others just like you. Most great people we see today had their challenges; some work towards it while some take their own life. Assuming I took my own life, imaging the great me taking this great potential to the grave. I won’t be here saving you talk of less a well- known therapist. So, look into your life you will see the best in you choose the people you talk to.  So, what will you say Collins? 

I am so happy I met you today. I have a life. I will go out there and bring out the best in Collins. He said. 

The End!

Scripted by:

Mettabel, and Rachael

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE UNDERWATER MYSTERY

Field trip to Trade Affairs Ltd